Ph.D., Public Policy, University of Maryland, College Park
M.A., Public Affairs, University of Minnesota Humphrey Institute of Public Affairs
B.A., Political Science & Economics, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
Research methods and statistics, education and health
“High School Exit Exams and Dropout in an Era of Increased Accountability,” with Steve Hemelt. Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, vol. 32, n. 2 (2013). Earlier version published as IZA Discussion Paper #5527.
“High School Dropout and Teen Childbearing,” Economics of Education Review, vol. 34 (2013).
“A Cure for Crime: Psycho-Pharmaceuticals and Crime Trends,” with Sara Markowitz. Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, vol. 30, no.1 (2011). Earlier version published as NBER Working Paper #15354.
Experience and Honors
- AERA Visiting Fellow, National Center for Education Statistics
- Senior Research Associate, Center for Governmental Studies, Northern Illinois University
- Guest, Brookings Institution, Washington, D.C
- Research Scientist, University of Minnesota
- Policy Analyst, State of Minnesota, Department of Jobs and Training