Ph.D., Political Science, Yale University
M.A., Political Science, Yale University
A.B., Hanover College
Education policy (K-12 and higher), constitutional law and policy (civil rights and First Amendment), public procurement policy
“After Fisher: Academic Review and Judicial Scrutiny.” Academic Questions, vol. 26, no. 4 (2013).
“Defining social and economic disadvantage: Are government preferential business certification programs narrowly tailored?” University of Maryland Law Journal of Race, Religion, Gender and Class, v 12, no. 2 (2012).
Experience and Honors
- Director, UMBC Policy Sciences Graduate Program (now Public Policy)
- Director, Teacher’s College, Columbia University Graduate Program in Politics and Education
- Woodrow Wilson National Fellowship
- Danforth National Fellowship
- Public Administration Fellowship
- Swedish-American Bicentennial Fellowship