Ph.D., University of Bristol
M.A., Geography, University of Aberdeen
Urban issues, environmental concerns and cartographic representation
Stress Testing The USA: Public Policy and Reaction to Disaster Events. Palgrave Macmillan (2013).
Cities and Nature 2nd ed. revised and enlarged, with Lisa Benton-Short. Routledge (2012).
Globalization, Modernity and the City. Routledge (2012)
Experience and Honors
- Professor and Chair, Geography and Environmental Systems, UMBC
- Professor of Geography, Maxwell School of Public Affairs and Citizenship, Syracuse University
- Helen and John S. Best Fellowship. American Geographical Society Library, University
- of Wisconsin, Milwaukee
- The Leverhulme Visiting Professorship to UK, Loughborough University
- Alexander O. Vietor Fellowship in Cartography, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript, Library, Yale University