Dr. Short was interviewed in the Columbian newspaper ADN Cali (in Spanish) read now
Ph.D., University of Bristol
M.A., Geography, University of Aberdeen
Urban issues, environmental concerns and cartographic representation
“City Marketing,” International Encyclopedia of the Social & Behavioral Sciences (February 2015, Elsevier),
Human Geography: A Short Introduction. Oxford University Press (2014).
Stress Testing The USA: Public Policy and Reaction to Disaster Events. Palgrave Macmillan (2013).
Cities and Nature 2nd ed. revised and enlarged, with Lisa Benton-Short. Routledge (2012).
Globalization, Modernity and the City. Routledge (2012)
Experience and Honors
- Professor and Chair, Geography and Environmental Systems, UMBC
- Professor of Geography, Maxwell School of Public Affairs and Citizenship, Syracuse University
- Helen and John S. Best Fellowship. American Geographical Society Library, University
- of Wisconsin, Milwaukee
- The Leverhulme Visiting Professorship to UK, Loughborough University
- Alexander O. Vietor Fellowship in Cartography, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript, Library, Yale University