Skip to Main Content

Non-degree Admission

You can apply for non-degree status if you would like to take a course before you decide to officially apply to the program. As a potential MPP student, you make take up to two courses as a non-degree student.

Important: contact the School of Public Policy to discuss the program and your options (410-455-3201 or 3202; Then follow these steps:

  1. Complete the on-line application for non-degree seeking students found on the Graduate School website. Non-degree applicants must apply by July 15 for fall semester, and December 15 for spring semester. 
  2. Submit the application, application fee, and all transcripts to the Graduate School.
  3. Notify the School of Public Policy once you have applied, and send us a resume and statement expressing your reasons for wishing to take a course as a non-degree student.
  4. The Public Policy Graduate Program Director determines whether you may take a Public Policy course. You will be notified in writing by the Graduate School and through an e-mail or telephone call of your acceptance.

You may register online for the course(s) agreed upon by you and the Graduate Program Director during the period set aside by the Registrar for Special Student Registration (usually in late August and again in late January). Contact us prior to enrollment for any necessary registration clearances needed.

Successful completion of non-degree courses does not guarantee admission to the program.