Ph.D., Urban Systems Engineering and Policy Planning, Northwestern University
B.S., Civil Engineering, SUNY at Buffalo
B.A., Sociology, SUNY at Buffalo
Program and policy evaluation, evidence-based policymaking
“Private and Government Fiscal Costs of the Maryland Dream Act,” with T. H. Gindling. Maryland Institute for Policy Analysis and Research (2012).
“Having One’s Cake and Eating It, Too: Combining True Experiments with Regression Discontinuity Designs.” Evaluation Review, vol. 32 (2008).
Social Experiments and Public Policy, with D.H. Greenberg, and D. Linksz. Urban Institute Press (2003).
Experience and Honors
- Chair, UMBC Department of Public Policy
- NCAA Faculty Athletic Representative
- Chair, UMBC Self-Study for Reaccreditation by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- President, National Association of Schools of Public Affairs and Administration
- Assistant Professor of Planning and Public Administration, Syracuse University