B.A., Psychology, Earlham College
M.A. and Ph.D., Harris School of Public Policy, University of Chicago
Health policy, disability and long term care, health disparities, aging policy
“Disparities in access to health care among middle-aged and older adults with disabilities” with Adele Kirk, Michael Kaiser and Lukas Glos. Journal of Aging & Social Policy (2014, Vol. 24 No. 2).
“Certified nurse aid scope of practice: state-by-state differences in allowable delegated activities,” with Tara McMullen, Barbara Resnick, Jennie Chin-Hansen, Jeanne Geiger-Brown, and Robert Rubinstein (Sociology). Journal of the American Medical Directors Association (2015, Vol. 16 No. 1).
“Effects of Gender, Disability and Age in the Receipt of Preventative Services,” with Adele Kirk, Brandy Alston, and Lukas Glos. The Gerontologist (2014, Vol. 53 No. 3).
“The Relation between Health Insurance and Health Care Disparities among Adults with Disabilities,” with Adele Kirk, Michael Kaiser and Lukas Glos. American Journal of Public Health (2014, Vol. 104 No. 3).
“Relations Among HCBS Investment and Nursing Home Rates of Use for Working-Age and Older Adults: A State Level Analysis.” American Journal of Public Health, vol. 101 no. 9 (2011).
Experience and Honors
- Affiliated Professor, UMBC-UMB Doctoral Program in Gerontology
- University System of Maryland Regents Faculty Award for Excellence in Mentoring
- UMBC Graduate Student Association UR Great Award
- DHHS Health Care Financing Administration
- Health Promotion Program Coordinator, Cook County Government
- Director, Wisconsin Coalition for Alternatives in Education